ABOUT QUANTUM COMPUTING
Modern day or classical computers have done so much; I mean quite a whole lot of amazing things, from the internet to the social media to applications to programs and software development, mobile phones etc. But there are things that it still can’t solve yet. Optimization is one of them, it simply talks about finding the best possible solution out of a million solutions, that would make it more accurate right? Talk about a whole lot of precision and accuracy.. Another issue that needs solutions is chemistry for large molecules with large chains, there should be a way of capturing each bit of a chain without obstructing the structure.. These two issues and some others have a couple of things in common and these are
(1) The power of exponentials
(2) Superposition and
All of these can only be defeated by the use of ‘’QUANTUM COMPUTING….’’
Quantum computing is the area of study focused on developing computer technology based on the principles of quantum theory, which explains the nature and behaviour of energy and matter on the quantum (atomic and subatomic) level.
It is quite different from binary digital electronic computers, which operate based on transistors. Classical computers encode information in bits and bits can take either 0 or 1.. Quantum computers encode in qubits, and qubits are operate based on two principles namely superposition and enlargement.
QUANTUM COMPUTING IN LAY MANS TERMS
Quantum computing is the process used to build a quantum computer. A quantum computer is a model of how to build a computer. Quantum computers use certain phenomena from quantum physics to operate. These phenomena include superposition and entanglement. In quantum computing, a very small number of operations are carried out using qubits (quantum bit).
This is a branch of physics and mechanics that deals with the mathematical description of the motion and interaction of subatomic particles, incorporating the concepts of quantization of energy, wave-particle duality, the uncertainty principle and the correspondence principle in quantum physics..
WHY QUANTUM COMPUTING IS DIFFERENT
Quantum computing is far different from classical computing by modern classical computers because of the following reasons;
- Superposition : Classical positioning is basically binary i.e in zeros and ones but quantum computing can do more than that because they operate in qubits. It can solve even complex superposition of 2 states..
- Entanglement: The states of entangled qubits can be easily explained through the use of quantum computing.
- Quantum algorithms : Quantum computing has helped to solve typical optimization state problems. It also helps to encode the problems into a quantum computer. It has even helped to create noise that’s out of phase.
- Quantum computing has also helped to control air rates by moving to lower air rates and higher qubits count..